City of Pomeroy
City Council Regular Council Meeting
February 7, 2017
Mayor Miller called the February 7, 2017, regular City council meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
A silent roll call was done, and the following were present:
Present: Mayor Paul Miller and Council members James Fuchs, Jessica Hanson, James Harris, Mike Cassetto, and Adam Hodges.
Also present: City Superintendent Kenny Landkammer and City Clerk Shaun Martin
PUBLIC HEARING – SUNNYSIDE RESERVIOR CLOSE OUT REPORT
At 7:00 p.m. Mayor Miller opened the Public Hearing for the Sunnyside Reservoir Replacement project and asked for comments from Council and audience. Michelle Bly then spoke about the close out report requirements, including the contract and subcontract activity, racial/ethnic breakdown, and low and moderate income breakdown. She said that the fencing contractor labor rates were denied by the Department of Labor as there was no clear wage rate established for this trade. There being no more comments, the public hearing was closed at 7:08 p.m.
1. Sheriff’s Report – Deputy Krouse introduced Deputy Federico Diaz and Deputy Patrick Stilson. Both Deputies have completed their training at the Spokane Academy. Mayor asked Krouse about break-ins/home invasion activity in the last few months. He said there have been no verified break-ins for two months. Krouse was also asked about ticketing vehicles parked on the streets with expired tabs. Krouse said that Council should address this issue with both Keller and Newberg.
2. Doug LaMunyan – Track Progress: Not present.
3. Michelle Bly – Projects Update: She presented the final revised pay request, Change Order #3 for the additional labor costs to Carpenter Fence final revised pay request #12 includes $2,758.58 to Debco and, $9,781.54 to the City for liquidated damages incurred by Debco.
1. Motion made by Harris to authorize the Mayor to sign the Sunnyside Reservoir final pay request #12 in the amount of $12,540.12, Hodges seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
Motion made by Hanson to authorize the Mayor to sign the Community Development Block Grant Contract Closeout Report for the Sunnyside Reservoir Replacement project, Cassetto seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
Lastly, she reminded Council of the ADA plan and that one item was identified for resolution. The door entry into the Council Chambers needs to be replaced at the floor level to comply with the plan.
Hanson asked about the status of the Sixth Street Bridge project. Bly said that the environmental has not yet been approved, and this is required before proceeding with the design phase.
2. Chamber Summit Lunch Held January 31, 2017: Cassetto, Hanson, and Hodges attended. Various organizations throughout the community were invited to the meeting to share goals and needed help. She said Jack Peasley, the local SEWEDA representative, will be able to write grants on behalf of the agencies in need. She said that the group plans on meeting every two months to keep the ideas and needs of the community in motion.
3. Update on SEWEDA Partner Charge for 2017: Mayor asked Council their input on paying the SEWEDA partner support for 2017. It was Council’s decision to wait on paying the 2017 partner support.
4. Survey Results of Utility Connection Charges: Council will review the responses and address at the March meeting.
COUNCIL COMITTEE REPORTS
DEPARTMENT HEAD REPORTS
1. Landkammer: Landkammer will follow up on the lift station call-up alarm system.
a. Expenditure, Revenue Reports for December, 2016 & Current Cash Out Report
b. Age Analysis Report (90-day past-due list)
c. Budget Amendment for 2016: ORDINANCE 891: Motion made by Hodges to adopt Ordinance 891 amending the 2016 Budget, Cassetto seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
The Mayor asked if any items should be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate consideration. Hearing no response, Mayor asked for a report from the Audit Committee:
Fuchs made a motion to accept the Consent Agenda. Hanson seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
A. Minutes of regular meeting of Meeting of January 10, 2017.
B. Payroll Roster dated January 30, 2017, for $36,494.77 checks #4366-4386, and
voided checks #4339-4352
C. Claims clearing roster dated February 7, 2017, for $48,258.05, checks #4387-44421,
(includes Visa charges, State Excise Tax and IRS payments). Sunnyside
Reservoir Replacement final revised pay estimate to CDBG in the amount of
$2,758.58, to Debco Construction for fencing labor costs, and $9,781.54, to the City
for liquidated damages assessed against Debco Construction. Total revised final pay
request #12 is $12,540.12.
Hanson said it would be a good idea to post the City Council agenda on Facebook. She also read in the MRSC about establishing a registry for abandoned homes.
Tom Ruchert spoke with Harris about having the City remove the boulevard section by Pomeroy Foods. Harris will talk with Tom about approaching the Boulevard Committee to see if removal of this section meets with their approval.
GOOD OF THE ORDER
At 8:52 p.m. Mayor Miller adjourned the meeting. The next regular council meeting will be Tuesday, March 7, 2017, at 7:00 p.m.
Shaun Martin, City Clerk/Treasurer
G. Paul Miller, Mayor
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.